Maintenance Tips and Tricks
In order to prevent the need for serious maintenance, change your filters once per month with a good pleated A/C filter. Good airflow is vital for your HVAC system to work properly. Regularly changing the A/C filter will help prevent dirt, dust, debris, and hair from getting past the filter to the evaporator coil. Once the coil gets dirty, an HVAC professional, such as Ideal AirCare, must take it apart and clean the coil. Here are some simple things all residential property owners can do to improve their HVAC systems:
- Pour a cup or two of bleach or vinegar into your condensate drain line located at the evaporator coil. Doing so will help to prevent algae growth inside the drain line and help to assure the drain line does not get clogged up.
- Rinse the outdoor unit’s coils with a garden hose every two months. If dirt or debris clogs the coils, they will not be able to release the heat from your home and the system will not work properly.
- Have programmable thermostats installed. Even better, have one of our Nexia Wi-Fi-Controlled Thermostats installed so you can control the thermostat from any computer, smartphone, or tablet. A programmable thermostat will help you save on energy costs by turning off your A/C system, heat pump, or heating systems.
- Be sure to have your air conditioner or heat pump system tuned up every spring to help assure a hassle-free summer season to keep your home cool and comfortable.
- Make sure you have your heating system checked every fall season. It is vitally important, especially with gas systems, to make sure the system is burning the gas properly and not leaking carbon monoxide into your home.
From single room heating and cooling units to large HVAC and furnace systems, Ideal AirCare Heating and Air Conditioning is the go-to air conditioning and heating contractor for new installations, repairs, and maintenance for homeowners in the Greater Austin Metropolitan area, including Kyle, Buda, Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, and Cedar Park. Our extensive experience with all major manufacturers and home types gives us the ability to offer the solution that best fits your needs and budget. When your HVAC system goes down, Ideal AirCare Heating and Air Conditioning will get your system up and running again in the quickest and most cost-efficient way possible.