As all homeowners in Texas know, your home’s HVAC system is one of the most important elements to keeping your family comfortable through our hot summer temperatures and the few, but intense, cold fronts we experience. When the time comes to replace your home’s old HVAC unit, it is important to call an experienced installation professional like those at Ideal Air Care to make sure that your unit is installed correctly.
The Austin HVAC installation professionals of Ideal Air Care have the training and experience to make sure your new unit is installed right the first time. We treat each installation as if we are working on our own homes, and your satisfaction is our number one priority. Contact us at (512) 789-0365 to have your new unit installed today. Financing may be available through FTL Finance.
Choosing Your New HVAC System
It is important to choose a unit that is the correct size for your home when selecting your new air conditioning system and have it properly installed. A unit that is too small will not provide sufficient cooling for the hot summer months, while a unit that is too large will cause problems with humidity in your house. The efficiency of your unit may be drastically reduced if it is not installed in the correct location or if the ductwork is not installed properly. That’s why it is important to turn to the HVAC installation professionals at Ideal Air Care. Our customers often turn to us for help with:
- Choosing an efficient air conditioning unit based on its seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER)
- Finding a quiet-operating unit and selecting the best location to reduce irritating noise
- Finding a unit that has a high-temperature rating and thermal expansion valve for high-efficiency operation during the summer
- Finding units that feature filter-check lights, variable speed handlers, and automatic-delay fan switches, that all help keep maintenance costs down and efficiency at its highest
How do I know if I need a new HVAC unit?
Chances are, you already know that your unit needs to be replaced (especially if it has completely stopped working)! For some homeowners, the signs may not be so clear, and the decision of when to service or replace might be a little trickier. Here are some common signs that your unit should probably be replaced:
- Your air conditioner or heating pump is ten years old or older.
- Your current unit does not have the ENERGY STAR label—units that can reduce your heating and cooling costs by nearly 20%.
- You have a boiler or furnace that is more than 15 years old. A newer, more efficient unit can again help you reduce costs.
- Your energy costs are increasing, due to an inefficient unit.
- You find yourself having to repair your system too frequently.
- Your house is unevenly heated or cooled. Some rooms are warmer or colder than others and you can’t seem to get the temperature right.
- Your house has humidity issues due to poor ductwork or an inefficient or inoperable unit.
- Your AC unit is too noisy and is bothering your family. A quieter unit can give your family the peace and quiet you deserve!
- You have an old unit that does not have a programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats can help you save money by only cooling and heating when you and your family are home.
These are just a few of the common signs that your HVAC unit should be replaced. Call us today with any questions or concerns about your unit at (512) 789-0365.
Call an Austin HVAC Installation Pro Today
At Ideal Air Care, we are committed to proving our customers the highest-quality HVAC installation service possible. Our experienced technicians are prepared to help individuals all over Austin and the surrounding areas with all of their HVAC needs. Contact us at (512) 789-0365 to schedule an appointment today.